Thursday, February 4, 2010

Can you say "G#5"?


I know all of you out there are like, "OMG, two posts in one day?!?!". To answer all of you, yes. Since I had time on my hands today, I decided to treat all you Muse fans out there to a double dose of Muse action.I know when you guys where looking at the title of this article, some new Muse fans would be like, "Matt Bellamy can't hit a G#5 with his voice, that is one of the hardest cords to hit with your voice!".

He has two songs that achieve this note. Showbiz from the Showbiz album, and Miro Cuts on the Origin Of Symmetry. When I was doing research on this, I found a little bit of an interview with one of Bellamy's closest friends.

"I think you'll find Matt's highest note to date was a J#9 (same as a Kb9) which he did round my mate's house, yesterday (we were just having a little jam on the acoustic guitars to kill some time). We found out yesterday that Matt can even hit B# (Cb) and E# (Fb) - the notes that apparently "don't exist"... and has extra frets on his guitars to compensate for this.That's his secret."


Album information:
An album on which the band wanted to show their more sophisticated style, considered as more 'progressive rock-styled'. The vocals differ from those heard on their first album, Showbiz. Most of the songs have been composed while on tour promoting Showbiz. The album is said to be more 'riff-oriented' and a bit darker than the previous one. It's title has been inspired by the book Hyperspace by Michio Kaku. The book says that a future publication about the discovery of super symmetry should be entitled "The Origin Of Symmetry", as an analogy to "On The Origin Of Species" by Charles Darwin.

Song information:
In this song Matt hits his highest recorded note to date, being G#5(the same one he hits on the Showbiz vocal solo. The song is said to be inspired by Bellamy's dream in which he was in desert and giant blades were swinging from the sky. Some also claim that the piece has been inspired by Prelude N°3 in D minor by Johann-Sebastian Bach.

In order for me to allow me to show you guys the two different songs, I went ahead and created a playlist from "www.playlist.com" I think that it will be easier for you guys to view both songs and make the process easier, rather then trying to find two different videos that will portray both songs. Please take time and listen to both songs (Yes I know that they are long, but please give them a listen. Seriously) .

Micro Cuts Lyrics:
Hands are red with your blame
Megaphone screaming my name
Whimpers someone I should've loved
Souls weeping above

I've seen
What you re doing to me
Destroying puppet strings
To our souls

Micro waves me insane
A blade cuts in your brain
Sounds like forks on a plate
Blackboard scratched with hate

I've seen
What you re doing to me
Destroying puppet strings
To our souls




Showbiz Lyrics:
Controlling my feelings far too long
Controlling my feelings far too long

Controlling my feelings far too long
Controlling my feelings far too long
Forcing our darkest souls to unfold
Forcing our darkest souls to unfold
And pushing us into self destruction
And pushing us into self destruction

They make me, make me dream your dreams
They make me, make me scream your screams

Trying to please you far too long
Trying to please you far too long
Visions of greed you wallow
Visions of greed you wallow
Visions of greed you wallow
Visions of greed you wallow

They make me, make me dream your dreams
They make me, make me scream your screams

Controlling my feelings far too long
Controlling our feelings far too long
And Forcing our darkest souls to unfold
And Forcing our darkest souls to unfold
And pushing us into self destruction
And pushing us into self destruction

They make me, make me dream your dreams
They make me, make me scream your screams


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

No comments:

Post a Comment