Monday, April 19, 2010

MUSE Chicago!


MUSE CHICAGO @ the UNITED CENTER
March 12th, 2010

It has been a couple months since I had last posted on my blog, but don't you worry, I am back with a brain full of Idea and topics to branch upon! Throughout my absence, allot has gone on.

Starting off, I attended the MUSE concert in Chicago on March 12 @ the United Center. The opening band was Silversun Pickups, and they started a vibe in the arena that got everyone pumped up for the main band, MUSE. Throughout there performance as an opening band, they were actually really really good.

Standing in the crowd, many people thought that they would kill the show or even make some people leave before MUSE could have a chance to blow their mind. When they came out they put on a really good performance that got everyone on there feet. Even between sounds the lead singer would communicate with the crowd and get them to put on an audience light show with the flashes on their cameras. They were really friendly to the crowd and the crowd followed by doing the same to them when they left the stage for the main band, MUSE.


When I was standing up against the barrier (FRONT ROWW!) many people around me were freaking out just like I was. We all traveled for one moment, and for one band, MUSE. With a sold out arena, and a GA pit extended to accommodate more people on the floor; Matt Bellamy, Chris Wolstenholme, and Dom Howard, where there to do one thing. Continue there Resistance Tour, and to play beautiful and genius work of music.

When they began to play, a tear came to my eyes. Me, Aaron Taylor, had finally made it, and for one goal; to finally see MUSE live. The roar of the crowd, and led off with their current single "Uprising." When the curtains fell, the crowd was in a frenzy, the floor bounced in synchronicity with arms held high and sang along as Matt Bellamy at long last started to fulfill his promise of a show to redeem their Lolla '07 performance. Though well-received, they acknowledged after that performance that they owed the city of Chicago something more. As would be expected with a show like this, there were few lulls in the action. Even in the seated sections, few sat for much of the show.

Although it continued throughout the show, the most impressive moment came at the beginning of "Resistance" when the light show started in earnest. Few combine music and visuals to this extent, and very few do it better than Muse. The lasers were everywhere, the strobes were going nuts, and all the while, the music just kept on driving forward.

"Supermassive" found Bellamy on a part of the stage practically overhanging the crowd, and they thanked him for it. Shortly after, Christopher Wolstenholme showcased his talent on "Hysteria," which as expected, was one of the high moments for the show. And shortly after, something I didn't expect happened, the pillars raised back up with Bellamy playing the coolest piano I've seen in quite some time. Every time he hit a note, a different light in the soundboard of the piano lit up. More impressive was the cover of "Feeling Good" which was done quite well.

This was one of the best experiences of my life, and I will always remember the day I saw MUSE live in concert. I think that everyone should have the opportunity to experience something like this. Music is something everyone should, and can relate to. Music can bring people up when they are down, and even calm them down when they get crazy. It is a harmless mind drug, that gives people a good addiction. I my self, am addicted to the beautiful music and relentless mind of Matt Bellamy, Chris Wolstenholme, and Dom Howard.

I didn't want to bore everyone with what I had to say, so I am going to stop this post now :D

Lol, one last thing I wanted to post is the set list:

Uprising
Resistance
New Born
Map of the Problematique
Supermassive Black Hole
Guiding Light
Interlude
Hysteria
Nishe
United States Of Eurasia
Feeling Good
Helsinki Jam
Undisclosed Desires
Starlight
Unnatural Selection
Time Is Running Out
Plug In Baby

Encore:
Exogenesis: Symphony, Part 1: Overture
Stockholm Syndrome
Knights of Cydonia




No comments:

Post a Comment